The weather in Wisconsin can finally be classified as spring, which
means it’s time to give your home the deep clean that comes with warmer temperatures. It’s finally time for a good spring cleaning. To help you get your home completely cleaned before spring turns into summer, we’ve given you a complete spring cleaning checklist that ensures your home gets cleaned from top to bottom (if you do have any questions when you get to the bottom—the floor—ask us or use these tips to make sure your floors are cleaned well).
1. Remove spider webs.
2. Clean duct and air return covers.
3. Dust ceiling fans and wash light fixture coverings.
4. Clean the windows.
5. Clean the tracks, screens, and interior parts of windows.
6. Dust trim and crown moldings.
7. Have your carpets professionally cleaned.
8. Deep clean hardwood floors (make it an appointment to have your wood floors professionally cleaned or use these tips on how to clean your wood floors here).
9. Clean blinds and curtains.
10. Shake out all rugs.
11. Have your area rugs professionally cleaned.
12. Clean the top of cabinets.
13. Wash the top & front of your refrigerator.
14. Remove & clean shelves in your refrigerator.
15. Clean and vacuum behind the refrigerator.
16. Wipe down your vent hood and clean any screens.
17. Clean the backsplash.
18. Wash your kitchen walls.
19. Wipe down exterior of appliances.
20. Clean behind your stove.
21. Clean your oven.
22. Mop the floors.
23. Clean grout (if you have tile floors).
24. Clean light fixtures and fans.
25. Scrub tile grout around shower and on floor.
26. Wash the walls.
27. Wash all bed linens.
28. Flip mattress.
29. Dust bed frame and all furniture.
30. Vacuum behind furniture.
31. Have carpets professionally cleaned.
32. Deep clean hardwood floors (make it an appointment to have your wood floors professionally cleaned or use these tips on how to clean your wood floors here).