Wisconsinites, it’s the time we’ve been waiting for all winter! Our cabin fever is gone because spring is here. The subzero temperatures (hopefully) are gone. With the warmer temperatures of spring comes lots of outdoor time and (drum roll, please)…the much anticipated (or dreaded) spring cleaning. That’s right, it’s time to air out the house and give your home a deep clean that goes beyond your regular vacuuming and house cleaning. So where do you start your spring cleaning? We’ve put together a handy spring cleaning checklist to help you get through your deep spring clean:
- Call Y’s Way for professional carpet and floor cleaning. (We wouldn’t recommend steam cleaning your wood floors. Read why here.)
- Clean your appliances.
- Remove spider webs.
- Wash window.
- Dust ceiling fans and wash light fixture coverings.
- Clean blinds and curtains.
- Clean the top of cabinets.
- Clean tile grout in your shower, on your floor or on your countertops.
- Powerwash your house.
- Clean heating and air conditioning vent.
- Wash comforters and quilts.
- Clean fireplace stone/tile and mantle.
- Clean sliding door tracks.
- Scrub down showers.
- Dust inside of cabinets.
If you or someone in your family has allergies, add duct cleaning to your list. An annual duct cleaning can remove all the allergens that circulated throughout the winter, and give your allergy sufferer some relief if they have to stay indoors for the summer. Call Y’s Way to set up your appointment so you can finish your spring cleaning checklist and start enjoying our fantastic spring temperatures.