It’s time to set realistic New Year’s resolutions that you can (actually) stick to. While everyone else is making plans for their new workout schedule or starting their diet, you’re looking for New Year’s resolutions that you can fulfill. Look around you. What better resolution to make than to improve the functionality or aesthetics of your home? Resolutions like:
1. I will get my taxes done. The sooner you get your taxes done, the sooner you can get that tax rebate to get your carpets cleaned or replace the flooring in your kitchen, bathroom, bedroom…
2. I will get my carpets cleaned. Even if you have a stain that you are sure can’t be cleaned, give it a try. Call the professionals and watch them get those carpets looking like new again—saving you the cost of new carpets and removing allergens from your carpets.
3. I will not worry about water damage. Are you terrified of water hitting and damaging your wood floors? Replace those wood floors with vinyl plank flooring, which looks like wood but can withstand any water that spills.
4. I will get new window coverings so my toddler sleeps in. Desperate for a good night’s sleep without your early morning toddler wake-up call? Have custom blinds installed in your toddler’s room that darken the room, look great and can give you the sleep you desire.
5. I will house train my puppy. The sooner you finish house training, the sooner you can have those carpets cleaned or replaced and those stains gone forever.
6. I will stop ignoring that nasty hallway. If the carpeting in your hallway is stained, or the wood flooring is buckling, look into a remnant. Remnants are carpet that is left over and bargain priced. And while you can only buy what’s left on the remnant, it’s enough to replace the carpeting in your hallway, office or spare bedroom for a low price.
7. I will finish my basement. Give your family another space for fun as a cold, wet Wisconsin winter sets in. Use our blog post to decide what kind of flooring works in your new basement space, and get the ball rolling on your new space.
8. I will get my mudroom organized, and ready for nasty Wisconsin weather. Give your mudroom a face lift. Install new flooring that can handle sand, mud and snow.
9. I will update my kitchen. Updating your kitchen doesn’t have to mean a complete overhaul. Update your countertops, and install a new backsplash for a new look. Once you’ve decided on your new countertop surfaces, choose a backsplash that fits your taste—and your budget.
10. I will give my wood floor a face lift. Making your wood floors look new doesn’t always mean purchasing new wood flooring. Find out if your wood floor can be refinished so it looks like new again.
Studies have shown that only 8% of people who make New Year’s resolutions actually fulfill them. Don’t be like the 92%. Head over to Y’s Way Flooring today to start researching what floor works for your project, so you can get started—and get done—with your New Year’s resolution project.